ITS A. CUCCOVILLO is a short-cycle higher Education (Level 5 EQF) Institution that operates in the domain of mechanics-mechatronics. The aim of the ITS courses is to train professionals with the technical skills most requested by companies, ready to enter the world of work.
The Higher Technical Education Diploma (ITS Diploma) is awarded at the end of a course lasting a total of 1800/2000 learning hours and after passing a final competence evaluation exam.
ITS courses include an internship experience in a company: during this period of professional training, students have the opportunity to experience the skills acquired directly in the field and to contribute to the development of corporate digitalization processes, thanks to the knowledge and dynamic innovative characteristics of the Higher Technicians.
The courses are structured by skills rather than by subjects. Competence is the ability to use what you know to accomplish something. Learning-by-doing, project work, problem solving, design thinking are just some of the teaching approaches most used by ITS.
At least 50% of the teachers/trainers are professionals in the sector made available by the companies that collaborate with ITS: they bring to the classroom the skills and technologies they use every day in their work.
The basic principles related to Industry 4.0 technologies are taught in all our courses. Teachers/trainers use specific methodologies (such as Design Thinking) to learn how to work with 4.0 technologies, which, thanks to the collaboration of companies, allow the creation of innovative projects and products.
30% of the duration of the courses (up to 800/900 hours) is carried out in the company, through the implementation of projects and activities tailored to students. The internship is, thus, the first work experience for the Higher Technician.
ITS A. Cuccovillo trains two profiles relating to the technological Area New technologies for Made in Italy, Mechanical System Su-Area:
- Higher technician for the innovation of mechanical processes and products
Where they work
In the design and industrialization sector with reference to the use of materials, mechanical processes, economic, regulatory and safety bases to all aspects of design, up to the use of representation and simulation software.
- Use of different technologies and intervention in the construction, testing and documentation of automatic processes and systems
- Application of command, control and regulation systems of testing, commissioning and failure prevention methods
- Maintenance planning and management, intervening in post-sales in collaboration with the commercial management
- Interaction with the technological structures of the context in which it is to intervene
- Higher technician for automation and mechatronic systems
Where they work
In the construction, integration and control of machines and automatic systems intended for different types of production.
- Use of interface devices between the controlled machines and the relative programmable devices, on which they intervene to program, test and put them into operation, documenting the solutions developed
- Management of command, control and regulation systems
- Collaboration with the technological structures responsible for the creation, production and maintenance of the devices on which to intervene
- Care and control of economic, regulatory and safety aspects